Friday, March 21, 2014

Dispatch from 1st period English

The following interaction has been edited only of names and profanity.
Enjoy.

Setting: 8:47am, the classroom is quiet except for a few crinkling chip bags; students are taking a quiz.  

Me: Alright, when you're done, hold on to your quiz and check your work.
Student: HUH! (shoves quiz at me) Take this I'm done.
Me: Check it over, I'll come around and grab it when everyone's done.
Student: (to the person next to her) He's always getting smart. That's why I don't talk to him.
Me: Student, I wasn't being smart or sarcastic or condescending. I asked you polietly to hold on to your quiz until I collected it. 
Student: (as though I'm invisible) Why's he always talking to me?!?! (now acknowledging my presence) Don't talk to me! Leave me alone!
(other students are not surprised by this student's angry outburst)
Me: I'll never stop talking to you because you're my student. I care about you and I want you to be successful.
Student: (grasping for words, but realizing that there's not much she can say back)
Me:  Alright, when you're done, hold on to your quiz and check your work.

SCENE

7 comments:

  1. Nice one.Blog entries are unquestionably my source of entertainment and you have astonished me with your writing. RTC Bus advertising in Varanasi gives unprecedented street level examines to a driving get-together of individuals and all through metropolitan extents. As buses bit by bit voyage city roads, your message can be seen by both individual by walking and vehicular movement on this colossal travel media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me, you give me best information! Thanks, very good post.
    Skull Rings
    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to buy mens trendy t shirts, then visit Modern lifestyle. The store has collection of clothes for men's as well as women's.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Lucky Voice offers affordable Karaoke machine which is perfect way to keep the kids occupied at parties, and this little karaoke machine is sure to get them in the party spirit. Visit us today at https://shop.luckyvoice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete